Our two-year training scheme offers the successful candidates the opportunity to work in the local and overseas markets, in a variety of placements and roles, including a project-based assignment.
JacTravel has significant expansion plans and a culture that is obsessive about customer service. What's more, we're serious about investing in our people, including new talent to help us achieve further growth worldwide. The future looks exciting – do you want to be part of this? Then read on...
Training & Development
To welcome you to the JacTravel family you will take part in a thorough induction plan where you will start to get to know the business top-down, and get to meet the people that will prepare you for your JacTravel journey.
A mix of on-the-job learning opportunities and formal training and development is provided, including developing skills in Negotiation, Presentation, Communication and Introduction to Management, to name just a few!
Supervision, Feedback & Assessment...
- You will be assigned Supervisor in each placement who will take responsibility for your day-to-day management and training.
- You will be set Learning Objectives as part of your continual development to ensure you get the well-rounded experience you need, to prepare you for your future career in travel.
- You will have ongoing guidance and support available to offer you valuable advice on career goals and how best to achieve them.
- Workplace skills will include project management, decision making and negotiation that you’ll get to practice across many of the business areas.
- Regular feedback and performance reviews are carried out in order to create a mutually beneficial relationship.
As a JacTravel Trainee you will possess these attributes…
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Commercially minded with strong business acumen
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- A real team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A desire for your own personal and professional development
- A strong understanding of the tourism sector
- A Tourism, Business Management, or related degree (preferably a 2:1 or above)
- Graduated in the last two years or by the start of the programme
- Fluency in another language in addition to English is desirable
How the JacTravel Graduate Scheme Works… The Structure
You will join a two year training scheme, where you will rotate into six different departments, including a placement to our Operations HQ in Romania. Our full range of placements include:
- B2B Hotels Sales
- B2B Hotels Purchasing
- Revenue Management & Pricing
- The Groups Division (Sales, Buying and Customer Delivery)
- Marketing & Brand
- Operations HQ in Romania
On Completion of the Graduate Trainee Scheme…
You will be offered in a position that we feel best suits your skills and attributes.
As an example you could be offered a junior management role, with the opportunity to progress throughout the organisation through a formal succession plan.
The speed and direction will largely be determined by your willingness and ability.
“The graduate trainee scheme offers you a great exposure to the tourism industry allowing you to see the different opportunities and challenges of each department”.
Andra Schuller – Graduate Trainee 2015 intake.
Currently in Year 2 of the scheme.
What are the Benefits….?
- A competitive salary with a set incremental raise after the first year
- Ongoing off-the-job learning & development opportunities
- An annual holiday allowance
- A highly tax-efficient pension scheme – Yes, it’s time to start thinking about it!
- Access to industry-wide discounts
How to apply
We are now accepting applications for our Graduate Trainee Scheme for 2017. To apply:
- Follow this link
- Download and complete the ‘Graduate Trainee Scheme’ application form
- Create an account to apply ensuring you attach your completed application form and up to date CV.
Deadline for submission of applications for September 2017 intake: 5pm on 28 April 2017